Thursday, April 19, 2012

Good news!

Danny and I celebrated today with subs from Jimmy Johns because I don't have as much cancer as I maybe could have had!  YAAAAY!!  A lot of our questions were answered today and we are both just so thankful.  The bone marrow biopsy they performed came back negative for lymphoma (yay!!) and the PETscan showed only positive for cancer in my initial tibia tumor and a smaller tumor in my lower femur (yay!!)  The PETscan did light up a little bit in one spot in my neck and one spot in my back, but the radiologist believes those spots were just reactive and NOT indicative of cancer (yay!!).  That makes my lyphoma stage 2 (yay!!!) 

What does this mean?  Well, it doesn't really change any of my treatment BUT it does mean I can get radiation for my leg tumors now instead of later and hopefully get some sweet sweet relief from the ever expanding internally bone crushing pain I now feel constantly.  Yayy!!  Our doctor is awesome and called from his cell phone in our appointment room to get me a radiation oncologist appointment tomorrow.  So I will start that then, at 2pm.  Our doc is estimating that it will take 15 sessions, 1 a day, 5 days a week, to kick those tumors in the groin.  At the end of that I can still expect a nice, cleansing chemo "wash", but at least I can put it off for another 3 weeks. 

Speaking of cancer, my mom and I have started making a list of why it's cool to have cancer.  Read some of these and don't try to tell me you're not jealous!
1. Awesome excuse to have a kicky new hairstyle for the summer
2. Don't have to shave my legs all summer long - heck yeah I'll be rocking skirts!
3. I'm not allowed to sift or clean or go anywhere near the kitty litter (boo hoo)
4. Once I hit menopause mid summerish, I won't have to worry about PMS, cramping, or other nasties.  EVER AGAIN.
5. I have the perfect excuse to sit around all afternoon in front of the tv and watch girlie movies

Obviously the list isn't exhaustive, but I'll continue to add to it as little unexpected fun gifts pop out of this otherwise horror movie type lifestyle.  Thank you guys for reading and for keeping up and for loving us so well.  Radiation tomorrow is an answer to prayer, prayers that you all have lifted up when we had nothing to offer God beyond our bewilderment and frustration.  Thank you for standing in the gap for us.  I pray that we can honor you and honor Him in how we walk this out.

15 comments:

  1. 6. Husband/grilled cheese-maker/water-refiller/item-retriever at your beck and call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7. Crutches are this spring's hottest fashion accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I totally want you to re-title this post "euangelion.")

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8. Shaved head = dry erase markerboard. Learning Greek paradigms this summer will be so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9. Strong possibility of gaining mutant powers from chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how funny you are, even in your darkest hours!
    You are so wonderful <3
    Love you sissy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Naomi, I've never gotten the pleasure of meeting you but I love reading your blogs. It's really awesome to see how you can stay positive through all of this. I went to college with Danny for awhile, and I'm thinking about you guys all the time now. Love you both so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10. Making big bucks selling toe nail clippings as novelty night lights due to radiation glow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back rubs, foot massages, ice cream from husband on demand, especially at 3am!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's so much good here, so much to be thankful for, and we have such a loving God. God's love, God's people, all there for you and it's all good Naomi, and you and Danny are going to have a happily ever after, and your momma is going to have her best friend to laugh with for many, many, many more years go come. "Thank You God." I love you both so much.

    p.s. I love your positive outlook and sense of humor too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 8. Getting to see beth just about any weekend you want- just slam that cancer card down...

    Oh goodness I just love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Watch out for Jimmy John's mayonaise, it's got crack cocaine it it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 12. Surprise packages in the mail.

    ReplyDelete