Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Two weeks

Today we finally got the start date for chemo - the 30th.  Two weeks from today.  Danny and I asked the doctor if we could put off starting until after our vacation of the century to Gatlinburg and he was awesomely accommodating.  I go in at 8:30am and I'm scheduled to be there for the subsequent 8 hours (although it may take less time).  Something else Dr. Lamb said was that we may not need all 6-8 rounds of chemo - we might knock it out with just 3-4!  BUT we would have to do a PETscan to confirm all of the cancer is gone after that third or fourth dose and evidently it is nearly impossible to get insurance companies to pay for a PETscan halfway through the proposed treatment.  Isn't that ridiculous!  I may have to get up to 5 extra doses of poison that I don't need simply because my insurance won't pay for a test.  But, I'm thankful to have insurance and that's still a long way away - who knows what will happen.  No use in getting too feisty until later on. 

I had a super duper awesome amazing time with Julie - here's a picture to prove it:
This was at 8am (which I know is a normal time for most people but it's like TORTURE for us) but we are still smiling because we were about to get donuts and we were together.  Ahhh. 

Now I have my mom and stepdad coming in tomorrow and all the fun with them to look forward to!  I think we are going to have a girls night out to see The Lucky One at the movies (hello Mr. grown-up Efron!) and then have an adventure down to Asheville to get my hair chopped off on Saturday!  One of my favorite people Beth, who lives in Asheville, just got her hair cut and says it was that best cut she's ever gotten.  She was talking to the stylist about me and he mentioned that he has experience cutting women's hair short to prepare for chemo.  He actually said that it would be an honor to cut my hair.  Haha, we'll see if he changes his tune after meeting me.  ;)  From what I hear he is a quiet, bald, Harley Davidson rider that's been in the biz for 28 years.  I'm TOTALLY jazzed - this will be nothing short of phenominal!  No worries - I will post pics of the new do as soon as I get it done!

1 comment:

  1. I am so BLESSED to know you, to love you, and to be loved by you.
    love,
    your MIL, so in awe of your smile.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete